* Fix continuation line causes empty email being sent
@ 2016-02-09  9:07 Pietro
From: Pietro @ 2016-02-09  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi all,
I have recently met a strange, at least strange for me as a Gnus newbie, message
popping up in the minibuffer when sending an email, message says:

"Fix continuation lines? [y/n]"

Such message is shown for each body's line of text and answering yes for all of
them causes the email to be sent with without the body text I entered, in fact
an empty email is sent.

What does "Fix continuation lines" do and why does it get shown ?

* Re: Fix continuation line causes empty email being sent
@ 2016-02-09 23:37 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
       [not found]   ` <mailman.4266.1455063682.843.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2016-02-09 23:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pietro; +Cc: info-gnus-english

Pietro <pulsarpietro@posteo.net> writes:

> I have recently met a strange, at least strange for me as a Gnus
> newbie, message popping up in the minibuffer when sending an email,
> message says:
>
> "Fix continuation lines? [y/n]"

That's very strange.  Have you done any Gnus customisations?

* Re: Fix continuation line causes empty email being sent
@ 2016-02-10  0:20   ` Pietro
       [not found]   ` <mailman.4266.1455063682.843.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Pietro @ 2016-02-10  0:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> Pietro <pulsarpietro@posteo.net> writes:
>
>> I have recently met a strange, at least strange for me as a Gnus
>> newbie, message popping up in the minibuffer when sending an email,
>> message says:
>>
>> "Fix continuation lines? [y/n]"
>
> That's very strange.  Have you done any Gnus customisations?
As far as I can tell my .gnus.el looks pretty common, I haven't done
anything strange I guess, at least not on purpose.

I am on another machine and I will be posting the .gnus.el file tomorrow
UK time, I wonder if this might have something to do with the problem I
am seeing:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/info-gnus-english/2007-11/msg00121.html

@ 2016-02-10  3:02     ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2016-02-10  3:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pietro; +Cc: info-gnus-english

Pietro <pulsarpietro@posteo.net> writes:

> As far as I can tell my .gnus.el looks pretty common, I haven't done
> anything strange I guess, at least not on purpose.
>
> I am on another machine and I will be posting the .gnus.el file tomorrow
> UK time, I wonder if this might have something to do with the problem I
> am seeing:
>
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/info-gnus-english/2007-11/msg00121.html

Are you putting your body text right after the headers without a line in
between?

* Re: Fix continuation line causes empty email being sent
@ 2016-02-10 11:32       ` Pietro
From: Pietro @ 2016-02-10 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> Pietro <pulsarpietro@posteo.net> writes:
>
>> As far as I can tell my .gnus.el looks pretty common, I haven't done
>> anything strange I guess, at least not on purpose.
>>
>> I am on another machine and I will be posting the .gnus.el file tomorrow
>> UK time, I wonder if this might have something to do with the problem I
>> am seeing:
>>
>> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/info-gnus-english/2007-11/msg00121.html
>
> Are you putting your body text right after the headers without a line in
> between?
Yes ... I must have ignored the '--text follows this line' text line, my
bad.

Thanks for the hint.