* string-match problem
@ 2007-02-21  8:39 Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2007-02-21  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

  Hi.

I just got this backtrace when trying to enter my
nnml+archive:mail-2007 group:

 Debugger entered--Lisp error: (args-out-of-range "ADSJ (Adam Sjøgren) <adsj@novozymes.com>" 41)
   string-match("\\b[^@ 	<>]+[!@][^@ 	<>]+\\b" "ADSJ (Adam Sjøgren) <adsj@novozymes.com>")
   gnus-extract-address-components("ADSJ (Adam Sjøgren) <adsj@novozymes.com>")
   [......]

Reading the documentation of string-match does not enlighten me as to
why this fails, but evaluating this:

 (string-match "\\b[^@ 	<>]+[!@][^@ 	<>]+\\b" "ADSJ (Adam Sjøgren) <adsj@novozymes.com>")

in the *scratch* buffer gives me the same "Args out of range" error.

I just tried it on another machine (the one I am posting from), and
there I do not get that error. Which is kind of odd.

The machine it fails on is running Ubuntu 6.10 (edgy) amd64, the
versions are:

 XEmacs 21.4 (patch 19) "Constant Variable" [Lucid]
 (amd64-debian-linux, Mule) of Fri Jun 30 2006 on crested

 No Gnus v0.6 (cvs from 2006-10-12)

Let me just try restarting XEmacs and see if that helps...

It did. So I guess it would be quite difficult to figure out what
happend; so please ignore this article, then...

  Best regards,

--
 "My internal clock is on Tokyo time."                        Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: string-match problem
@ 2007-02-21  8:56 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2007-02-21  8:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 09:39:29 +0100, Adam wrote:

> It did. So I guess it would be quite difficult to figure out what
> happend; so please ignore this article, then...

It just happened again, so I guess I can actually reproduce it. If
anyone has a clue what I should look at/for, please let me know.

  Best regards,

     Adam

--

@ 2007-02-21 16:18   ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2007-02-21 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 09:56:42 +0100 asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) wrote:

AS> On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 09:39:29 +0100, Adam wrote:
>> It did. So I guess it would be quite difficult to figure out what
>> happend; so please ignore this article, then...

AS> It just happened again, so I guess I can actually reproduce it. If
AS> anyone has a clue what I should look at/for, please let me know.

It doesn't seem like a Gnus bug, I would report to the XEmacs
maintainers and see what they say.

Ted

* Re: string-match problem
@ 2007-02-21 21:43     ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2007-02-21 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 11:18:50 -0500, Ted wrote:

> It doesn't seem like a Gnus bug, I would report to the XEmacs
> maintainers and see what they say.

You're right, I didn't think, it just happened to happen in Gnus.

  Best regards,