* How _not_ to see spam in newsgroup ?
@ 2004-09-05 13:36 Josef Oswald
From: Josef Oswald @ 2004-09-05 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there a _simple_ way to mark spam in new-group as read as soon as one
enters the group?

Or do we have to put up with spam in gnu.emacs.gnus?

Thanks for any pointers :-)

Josef Oswald also -> gnus@chello.at  :-)
--
Gnus gives you all the opportunity you could possibly want for
shooting yourself in the foot.

* Re: How _not_ to see spam in newsgroup ?
@ 2004-09-05 13:56 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2004-09-05 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 13:36:26 GMT, Josef wrote:

> Is there a _simple_ way to mark spam in new-group as read as soon as
> one enters the group?

I just score them down in my ~/News/all.SCORE, like this:

(blahblah-other-rules
 blahblah
 ("xref"
  ("gmane\\.spam\\.detected" -5000 nil r)))

If you don't want articles crossposted to gmane.spam.detected to show
up at all, you need to adjust the -5000 (and perhaps
some-variable-that-I-forgot); I use -10000 for articles I don't want
to see at all.

  Best regards,

--
 "Some angel whore                                            Adam Sjøgren
  Who can learn a guitar lick                            asjo@koldfront.dk