* pipe articles to a shell command just before they expire
@ 2003-08-26 19:38 David Hansen
       [not found] ` <m3r838ar2r.fsf@defun.localdomain>
From: David Hansen @ 2003-08-26 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

does someone know how to run a shell command on an article before it
expires?

I want to use it to automaticaly train the bayesian spamassasin
filter.

Regards,

David

--
EOF

* Re: pipe articles to a shell command just before they expire
       [not found]   ` <87ad9vqzlq.fsf@robotron.ath.cx>
@ 2003-08-27 10:09     ` Hubert Canon
From: Hubert Canon @ 2003-08-27 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dixit David Hansen <david.hansen@physik.fu-berlin.de> :

> This will work fine for the spam.  But i want to archive some of my
> ham messages.  Is there a way to set two expiry targets?

I guess you could set the variable group-local with group or topic
parameters.

--
Hubert Canon

* Re: pipe articles to a shell command just before they expire
@ 2003-08-27 14:16       ` David Hansen
From: David Hansen @ 2003-08-27 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 12:09:40 +0200 Hubert Canon wrote:

> Dixit David Hansen <david.hansen@physik.fu-berlin.de> :
>
>> This will work fine for the spam.  But i want to archive some of my
>> ham messages.  Is there a way to set two expiry targets?
>
> I guess you could set the variable group-local with group or topic
> parameters.

You can do this, but that's still *one* expiry target.  Let me give an
example:

  My private mails are in one mail group.  At the time they expire
  after some days to another mail group. They will and should *never*
  be deleted.  I would like to run a shell command when they expire to
  the archive group (to report them spamsassain as ham).

Then all i have to do to train SA bayesian filter is to manually move
the mails that sliped through the first tests to another group.

Regards,

David