* Set gnus-simplify-subject-functions in group parameters?
@ 2017-02-22 21:28 Tim Landscheidt
From: Tim Landscheidt @ 2017-02-22 21:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi,

I receive watchlist notifications from Wikipedia and sort
them into a group.  I want to thread them by page, i. e.:

|    [  35: Wikipedia              ] Wikipedia-Seite Diskussion:Lasithi-Hochebene wurde von Langläufer erstellt
|    [  41: Wikipedia              ] Wikipedia-Seite Lasithi-Hochebene wurde von Langläufer geändert
|    [  40: Wikipedia              ] Wikipedia-Seite Lasithi wurde von Langläufer geändert

should be displayed as:

|    [  35: Wikipedia              ] Wikipedia-Seite Diskussion:Lasithi-Hochebene wurde von Langläufer erstellt
|        <  41: Wikipedia              > Wikipedia-Seite Lasithi-Hochebene wurde von Langläufer geändert
|    [  40: Wikipedia              ] Wikipedia-Seite Lasithi wurde von Langläufer geändert

I read "Customizing Threading", thought
gnus-simplify-subject-functions would be a good idea,
created a function for testing and set the group parameters
to:

| ((auto-expire . t)
|  (gnus-simplify-subject-functions
|   (tl-watchlist-subject-munger)))

But when I enter the group, the function is not called.
edebug showed that gnus-gather-threads-by-subject is called,
but gnus-simplify-subject-functions's value there is (the
default) (gnus-simplify-subject-re
gnus-simplify-whitespace).

How can I set gnus-simplify-subject-functions for a group to
a different value?

TIA,
Tim

only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-02-22 21:28 UTC | newest]