* Inline jpeg reader
@ 2007-05-30 16:48 Hadron
From: Hadron @ 2007-05-30 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

running emacs 23, what is the recommended viewer for viewing jpeg files
attachment inline in email?

I did have imagemagick installed but it was opening an external viewer
and then not actually picking up the tmp file when I hit enter over the
attachment url.. Trying "inline" (i) just displayed the ascii equivalent
of the jpeg bytes.

my mm-text-html-renderer is w3m.

* Re: Inline jpeg reader
@ 2007-05-30 23:13 ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2007-05-30 23:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> running emacs 23, what is the recommended viewer for viewing jpeg files
> attachment inline in email?

Has your Emacs 23 been built with the libjpeg library?  It can
be checked by evaluating the Lisp form:

(image-type-available-p 'jpeg)

If it returns nil, you're unable to view jpeg images inline.

> I did have imagemagick installed but it was opening an external viewer
> and then not actually picking up the tmp file when I hit enter over the
> attachment url.. Trying "inline" (i) just displayed the ascii equivalent
> of the jpeg bytes.

> my mm-text-html-renderer is w3m.

But you're talking about ordinary MIME messages (not HTML messages)
having jpeg attachments, aren't you?  Because emacs-w3m doesn't
make a button on which you can type the `i' command.

Try mouse-3 on that button, and you will see the `E' command there.

* Re: Inline jpeg reader
@ 2007-05-30 23:33   ` Hadron
From: Hadron @ 2007-05-30 23:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org> writes:

>> running emacs 23, what is the recommended viewer for viewing jpeg files
>> attachment inline in email?
>
> Has your Emacs 23 been built with the libjpeg library?  It can
> be checked by evaluating the Lisp form:
>
> (image-type-available-p 'jpeg)
>
> If it returns nil, you're unable to view jpeg images inline.

It returns t.