* saving a link in gnus
@ 2005-04-26  4:54 cmc3list-goat
From: cmc3list-goat @ 2005-04-26  4:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

I sometimes use Gnus in a remote session (Cygwin on Windows
from my FreeBSD box) and I'd like to be able to click on a
link and save it, then paste the link in the browser on my
Windows machine.

Right now I can drag my mouse across the link and then paste
it into the location bar but it would be nice to do this with
a few clicks. Is there a way? (I am not a lisp programmer, BTW)

This is what I currently have in my .gnus file:

(setq browse-url-netscape-program "firefox")

Thanks for any advice,

--
Chris Conn
http://storm.cadcam.iupui.edu/~cmcgoat

* Re: saving a link in gnus
@ 2005-04-27 19:42 ` Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2005-04-27 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

cmc3list-goat@diespammersdie.yahoo.com writes:

> Right now I can drag my mouse across the link and then paste
> it into the location bar but it would be nice to do this with
> a few clicks. Is there a way? (I am not a lisp programmer, BTW)

You could bind something like this to a key sequence (or maybe a mouse
event):

 (defun save-url ()
   "Copy URL at point."
   (interactive)