* Still having problems with ognus 0.17
@ 2003-04-16 16:36 upro
       [not found] ` <84smshr6nj.fsf@lucy.is.informatik.uni-duisburg.de>
From: upro @ 2003-04-16 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Kai!

I got w3-4.0pre.47 (as you said), compiled and installed it. Strangely
enough, when I say M-x w3-version it still says "WWW 4.0pre.46, URL
p40.pre.46, MM 1.96" (By the way [stupid question], how can I use
output from the minibuffer in the main frame?)

I deleted any other version than the freshy retrieved one on my
computer, so it is strange that emacs say I would still have
4.0pre.46. You said 4.0pre.46 would not be enough.

I tried again with pgnus 0.17, and do stil have the same problem.

Some articles (not only html mails, as I stated previously) prduce an
error when I open the message. For example the original new message
from this thread produces an error when I open it.  When I click into
the summary or message buffer I can read the message, but I can't
answer it, nor can I forward it, The reaction in both cases is the
message "Article nil is not a number" in the minibuffer.

The error message i the minibuffer is always the same:

Wrong number of arguments: #[(charset &optional encoding type)
"^H;\203 ^@^H\227! P^H\203 ^@ ..."  and many more characters starting
with "^", then it continues like this:
[charset mail-parse-ignores-charsets mail-parse-charset encoding type
coding-system intern gnus-all mm-decode-content-transfer-encoding
featurep ...] 5 ("/usr/share/emacs/21.2/site-lisp/mm-bodies.elc"
. 4786)], 4

The only thing I have noticed is that usually "answers", thus messages
starting with "Re:" or "AW:" do produce an error, others not.

Do you have any idea about how to proceed with this/how to fix this?

Thank you in advance!!!!

Michael

PS.: Could it have to do sth., with bbdb? I use version 2.34...
--
Michael

r-znvy: zvpunry.wryqra@jro.qr
ab fcnz cyrnfr

* Re: Still having problems with ognus 0.17 - solved!!!
       [not found] ` <84smshr6nj.fsf@lucy.is.informatik.uni-duisburg.de>
@ 2003-04-18 12:49   ` upro
From: upro @ 2003-04-18 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Kai and Lars,

thanks for your replies!

After all I saw that someone around was using emacs 21.3 and decided
to upgtrade. While doing this I realized that I had some three
different versions of emacs, and probable some remaining parts from
one of the previous gnus/ognus version on my md. After cleaning and
upgrading to emacs 21.3, and successively upgrading gnus 5.9 to ognus
0.17 all work like a charm again!

I would like to help with ognus. What can I do? I don't know lisp (I
could learn it, though), but I'm quite good in perl.

Thanks again!

Michael

--
Michael