* Re: Updating help for total gnubie
       [not found] <m2fzrppxnd.fsf@maxqnz.com>
@ 2003-01-19 12:36 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2003-01-19 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 19 Jan 2003 17:32:38 +1300, Max Quordlepleen wrote:

> Could someone take pity on me and post a guide, or a link to a
> guide, that explains how to update Gnus for use with Xemacs?

I usually download a tarball from www.gnus.org unpack it and follow
the README included (./configure; make EMACS=xemacs and then add a
couple of lines (shown in the README) to .xemacs/init.el).

  Best regards,

--
 "Den skal vær mann som kan gå med min hatt                    Adam Sjøgren
  Den skal vær kald som tar øve mi makt"                  asjo@koldfront.dk

@ 2003-01-19 12:33 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-01-19 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Max Quordlepleen <maxq@ded.com> writes:

> Just on a whim, I decided to try Gnus in Emacs, rather than my usual
> Xemacs. I discovered on doing so that my installed Emacs is using a
> later version of Gnus. Could someone take pity on me and post a guide,
> or a link to a guide, that explains how to update Gnus for use with
> Xemacs? I tried clicking on Packages>Update, but got a whole string of
> "you have the most current version" messages, or words to that effect.

Gnus 5.8.8 and 5.9 are very similar.  5.9 has special adjustments for
Emacs (maybe it leaves out XEmacs code?).

I suggest that if you are happy with 5.9 under Emacs, then you will
be happy with 5.8.8 under XEmacs.
--
Ambibibentists unite!