* pictures in sender
@ 2004-02-13 16:50 Artem Baguinski
       [not found] ` <87n07m9a5d.fsf@everett.mit.edu>
From: Artem Baguinski @ 2004-02-13 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi

all of a sudden i see funny, mostly black and white, pictures in
sender header. i wonder what are they, what are size/color limits and
how do i attach one to myself? ;-)

--
gr{oe|ee}t{en|ings}
artm

* Re: pictures in sender
       [not found] ` <87n07m9a5d.fsf@everett.mit.edu>
@ 2004-02-13 19:27   ` Artem Baguinski
From: Artem Baguinski @ 2004-02-13 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Z Maze <dmaze@mit.edu> writes:

>> all of a sudden i see funny, mostly black and white, pictures in
>> sender header. i wonder what are they, what are size/color limits and
>> how do i attach one to myself? ;-)
>
> Only black-and-white ones?  Those are X-Faces, applying Google for
> "x-face" appears to give some useful information, including at least
> one online converter.  Must be exactly 48x48 and black-and-white.
> There are also color Faces, where the header is a base64-encoded 48x48
> PNG image; http://quimby.gnus.org/circus/face/ has information.  IIRC
> you can put as much as you want in the image so long as the header
> comes in under 1K, which works out to...726 bytes for the actual image
> file, it looks like, which tends to work out to a 7-color 48x48 image
> (or so).

thanks. black and white is enough...

--
gr{oe|ee}t{en|ings}
artm

* testing my x-face [was: pictures in sender]
       [not found] ` <87n07m9a5d.fsf@everett.mit.edu>
@ 2004-02-13 19:35   ` Artem Baguinski
       [not found]     ` <871xoyycul.fsf@caracolito.lan>
From: Artem Baguinski @ 2004-02-13 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

i wonder why gnus' manual suggests to use GIF images which are evil
(http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/gif.html).

--
gr{oe|ee}t{en|ings}
artm

* Re: testing my x-face
       [not found]           ` <87isiaohkb.fsf@caracolito.lan>
@ 2004-02-22 16:42             ` Windar
From: Windar @ 2004-02-22 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Artem Baguinski <artm@v2.nl> disait le 02/13/04 :

> and even *sed* won't be enough

all i have is a .xbm file and this line in my posting-styles :

	 (X-Face `(x-face-insert "~/fcom-logo.xbm"))

--
*****			      Jungle Power                         *****

We love Rohypnol, She got Rohypnol, We take Rohypnol, Just forget it all
   		      	  	       	    	      	       - Prodigy