* Re: UTF-8 in articles
       [not found] ` <u4r6fxofr.fsf@hschmi22.userfqdn.rz-online.de>
@ 2003-03-07 18:39   ` Hubert Chan
From: Hubert Chan @ 2003-03-07 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8, Size: 655 bytes --]

Frank> spamtrap@koldfront.dk (Adam SjÁ¸gren) writes:

>> Sometimes people post news-articles that are UTF-8-encoded. My
>> XEmacs/Gnus doesn't display the characters correctly (I get the ugly
>> two-chars-instead-of-one symptom).

Frank> You mean
Frank> Á¤,Á¶,Á¼,ß,Á©,Á¨,Á®,₁¬
Frank> and such stuff? :-)

Whoa.  That's interesting.  The first time I looked at the article,
those characters showed up fine.  But when I switched to the parent
article, then back, it shows up as \201<A aigu>... .  I'm using emacs
CVS as of yesterday.

Hubert