* Accessing gamne from university
@ 2017-02-28 10:01 Jeremie Juste
From: Jeremie Juste @ 2017-02-28 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hello,

Although it works perfectly at home,
I cannot open gmane server from gnus when I'm at university for
example. Do you have any clue how I can fix this?

Best Regards,

Jeremie

* Re: Accessing gamne from university
@ 2017-02-28 15:04 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2017-02-28 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Jeremie writes:

> Although it works perfectly at home,
> I cannot open gmane server from gnus when I'm at university for
> example. Do you have any clue how I can fix this?

Can you access other nntp-servers? Maybe your university has blocked the
relevant port (119)?

It is fairly common for companies, at least, to do so.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "It is a sort of cheap and cheerful kind of                  Adam Sjøgren
  abstraction, but it works well in practise."           asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: Accessing gamne from university
@ 2017-02-28 22:39   ` Jeremie Juste
From: Jeremie Juste @ 2017-02-28 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hello,

Thanks for replying

> Can you access other nntp-servers? Maybe your university has blocked the
> relevant port (119)?

I don't use any other nntp server. I have my mail account and some rss feeds.
Most of the time I cannot use my gmail account as well and have to
resort to use the university mail. But the rss feeds are working
properly.

Do you have a way to sidestep this issue?

Best wishes,

Jeremie