* Keeping mails...
@ 2004-01-06 14:57 Arnaud Vandyck
From: Arnaud Vandyck @ 2004-01-06 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

Bad news here, I've just lost more than 2000 mails! :'(

(setq gnus-parameters
      `(("\\`nnml:ressource-toi-\\(.*\\)\\'"
         (auto-expire . t)
         (total-expire . t)
         (gnus-show-threads . t)
         (gcc-self . "nnml:Send-Mail")
         (visible . t)
         ;; (display . all)
         (to-address . "\\1@ressource-toi.org")
         (to-list . "\\1@ressource-toi.org")
         (subscribed . t)
         ;; (broken-reply-to . t)
         (posting-style
          (signature-file "~/.signature-ressource-toi")
          (address "arnaud@ressource-toi.org")
          (name user-full-name))
         )
        ))

What have I to change in this configuration if I want to keep some
mails?

I don't know if I'm clear but this setting is for mailing lists from my
students. there are lot of mails I don't wanna keep so reading them make
them expire (OK), but there are some mails I'd like to keep! If I mark
them with 'd', it's ok, but I've forwarded some mails (wonderful '#'
mark, than C-c C-f) and when I quit the Summary buffer, every mails have
been deleted! :'(

Also, is it possible when I read a message that is already read to not
expire it?

And last but not least, is it possible to 'reset' the id number of
articles in folders? (or maybe it's not necessary)

Cheers,

--
  .''`.
 : :' :rnaud

* Re: Keeping mails...
@ 2004-01-06 16:46 ` Arnaud Vandyck
From: Arnaud Vandyck @ 2004-01-06 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Arnaud Vandyck <avdyk@debian.org> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> Bad news here, I've just lost more than 2000 mails! :'(
>
> (setq gnus-parameters
>       `(("\\`nnml:ressource-toi-\\(.*\\)\\'"
>          (auto-expire . t)

>          (total-expire . t)

I removed this line (total-expire . t), is it enough?

--
  .''`.
 : :' :rnaud