* contacts : mail-alias like behaviour with vdirel, khardel
@ 2021-02-18 13:25 Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2021-02-18 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I'm curious about how the Gnus users manage their contacts lists. More
precisely how to define list of emails for Gnus like the mail-alias
setting in bbdb with other databases like vdir ?

I'd been using bbdb, synchronizing its list with google contacts with
ASynk (https://asynk.io/), but the syncing has been broken for me for a
few months, and anyway the google Contacts API will stop working on June
15 (https://developers.google.com/contacts/v3/).

I've been playing with a setup using vdirsyncer between google
contacts/a local vdir/my own CardDav server on a NAS. It seems to work
fine to synchronize these databases but I'm missing some features of
bbdb, like the use of mail-alias to define mailing lists.

--
Julien Cubizolles

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-02-18 13:26 UTC | newest]