* what news in gnus
@ 2008-05-06 19:33 François Lagarde
From: François Lagarde @ 2008-05-06 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hello,

I have just updated to latest gnus version (No Gnus V0.11). My previous version
was V0.8.

I am sure that a lot of new things are now available with this version but I am
not able to find them. Is there any place where I can find the "visible
changes". I looked at the manual and web site.

thanks.
--
Francois

* Re: what news in gnus
@ 2008-05-06 21:06 ` Adam Sjøgren
       [not found]   ` <cs9y76mcg3q.fsf@Psilocybe.Update.UU.SE>
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2008-05-06 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Tue, 6 May 2008 21:33:02 +0200 (CEST), François wrote:

> I have just updated to latest gnus version (No Gnus V0.11). My
> previous version was V0.8.

> I am sure that a lot of new things are now available with this version
> but I am not able to find them. Is there any place where I can find
> the "visible changes". I looked at the manual and web site.

I guess there aren't that many changes from 0.8 to 0.11 as they are only
a couple of weeks apart.

I think looking in the Changelogs for the details may be the easiest
way?

 <http://quimby.gnus.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gnus/ChangeLog?rev=7.118&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup>
 <http://quimby.gnus.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gnus/lisp/ChangeLog?rev=7.1849&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup>

  Best wishes,

    Adam

--
 "The unavoidable price of reliability is simplicity"         Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: what news in gnus
       [not found]   ` <cs9y76mcg3q.fsf@Psilocybe.Update.UU.SE>
@ 2008-05-07 15:13     ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2008-05-07 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Wed, 07 May 2008 17:02:17 +0200, Andreas wrote:

> Waitaminute!

Sure. No rush.

> Latest gnus is 0.11??

Current No Gnus is 0.11. Latest No Gnus release is 0.10 (from May 1st).

> So, the version 5.10.10 is older than 0.11?

As 0.11 is the current developement version, by definition any release
is older.

> Someone is working very hard to confuse people.

You don't read the announcements?

 <http://news.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.announce>

> BTW it would be a good idea to state on http://www.gnus.org (the
> frontpage) which is the latest version.

Sure, if you are into that kind of thing.

> I just looked there and the dist directory showed both 0.11 and
> 5.10.10 without any explanation. That's not so good.

I don't see any files named 0.11 in <http://quimby.gnus.org/gnus/dist/>
- where are you looking?

My advice: Don't worry so much.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 Min cykel er blevet stjålet - hjælp med at finde den:           Adam Sjøgren
 <http://kammeratadam.dk/arkiv/2008/05/07/cykel_stjaalet>   asjo@koldfront.dk