* Saved mark not saved?
@ 2005-02-24  5:57 Ian Zimmerman
From: Ian Zimmerman @ 2005-02-24  5:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello.  I find that the "S" mark does not persist from one Gnus session
to another.  To be precise, the usual situation is this: I start reading
a thread I find interesting.  I save it, but it is not headed by the
original post; that one (and a few followups) has already gone by.  I
recall them with `gnus-summary-refer-parent-article', but now I don't
know if I should save them: if I have already saved them, they'll be
saved for the second time, taking up disk space and obfuscating thread
structure.  This has just happened and I am _sure_ I didn't get the S
flag on the recalled part.

Is this supposed to work?  If not, how do people usually accomplish
this goal (which must be a common one)?

I have Gnus v5.9.0 on Emacs 21.3.1 (Debian package)

--
I wonder which is the best virus for unix and if I can write
a better one in Microsoft BASIC ?

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-02-24  5:57 UTC | newest]