* Keeping self in CC: list
@ 2008-06-04 13:22 Stephen Eglen
From: Stephen Eglen @ 2008-06-04 13:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I'm just learning the ropes of using Gnus as a mailreader... when I do a
wide reply to a message that has been sent to three people (e.g. from A
to B, C and and myself), the message headers will send the message to A
and CC to B and C, but not CC me in.  How do I keep myself on the CC
list?  Do I have to use something like:

(setq message-default-mail-headers "CC: me\n")

to ensure that I'm kept on the CC list?

I see that gnus has the archive facility to archive messages I've sent,
but if I use that instead, presumably I won't see the messages in the
threads amongst replies from others?

Stephen

* Re: Keeping self in CC: list
@ 2008-06-04 15:16 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2008-06-04 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Wed, 04 Jun 2008 14:22:58 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> I'm just learning the ropes of using Gnus as a mailreader... when I do a
> wide reply to a message that has been sent to three people (e.g. from A
> to B, C and and myself), the message headers will send the message to A
> and CC to B and C, but not CC me in.  How do I keep myself on the CC
> list?

Maybe you can set message-dont-reply-to-names to a regexp that matches
nothing?

,----[ C-h v message-dont-reply-to-names RET ]
| `message-dont-reply-to-names' is a variable declared in Lisp.
|   -- loaded from "message"
|
| Value: "\\(asjo\\|adam\\)@\\(koldfront.dk\\|asjo.org\\|diku.dk\\)"
|
| Documentation:
| *Addresses to prune when doing wide replies.
| This can be a regexp or a list of regexps.  Also, a value of nil means
| exclude your own user name only.
`----

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "You have to photosynthesize"                                Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: Keeping self in CC: list
@ 2008-06-04 18:17   ` Stephen Eglen
From: Stephen Eglen @ 2008-06-04 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> Maybe you can set message-dont-reply-to-names to a regexp that matches
> nothing?

Thanks; this seems to work:

(setq message-dont-reply-to-names "please-do-not-match-to-anything")

* Re: Keeping self in CC: list
@ 2008-06-06 22:52 ` Sebastian P. Luque
From: Sebastian P. Luque @ 2008-06-06 22:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi Stephen,

On Wed, 04 Jun 2008 14:22:58 +0100,
Stephen Eglen <S.J.Eglen@damtp.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

[...]

> I see that gnus has the archive facility to archive messages I've
> sent, but if I use that instead, presumably I won't see the messages
> in the threads amongst replies from others?

I see you have found a solution, but maybe you'd like to reconsider the
archive facility, which you can implement with the 'gcc-self' parameter
in gnus-parameters:

,-----[ (info "(gnus)Group Parameters") lines: 2234 - 2242 ]
| `gcc-self'
|      If `(gcc-self . t)' is present in the group parameter list, newly
|      composed messages will be `Gcc''d to the current group.  If
|      `(gcc-self . none)' is present, no `Gcc:' header will be
|      generated, if `(gcc-self . "string")' is present, this string will
|      be inserted literally as a `gcc' header.  This parameter takes
|      precedence over any default `Gcc' rules as described later (*note
|      Archived Messages::).
`-----

I have it as the first entry in gnus-parameters:

(setq gnus-parameters
	 (gcc-self . t))
	MORE PARAMETERS

and my followups are always placed along with the rest of the thread.

--
Seb