* Re: Can Gnus stop asking for my password?
       [not found] ` <hhllqzxrkl.fsf@ossh.com>
@ 2003-11-04 14:57   ` Peter Lee
From: Peter Lee @ 2003-11-04 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Louis> Try this within ~/.gnus for pop server:

    Louis> (eval-after-load "mail-source" '(add-to-list 'mail-sources
    Louis> '(pop :server "mail.earthlink.net" :user "USERNAME"
    Louis> :password "PASSWORD")))

It would be nice if you could put this info in .authinfo and have it
work just like any other server.  Why did pop mail have to be special?

* Re: Can Gnus stop asking for my password?
@ 2003-12-21 13:03     ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 2003-12-21 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Lee <pete_lee@swbell.net> writes:

> It would be nice if you could put this info in .authinfo and have it
> work just like any other server.  Why did pop mail have to be special?

It's not the case that pop is special, it's just the case that
mail-sources is special.  Reading from a server involves looking at
~/.authinfo, but reading from a mail-source doesn't.

I agree that it would be good to have mail-sources look at
~/.authinfo, or something equivalent.

Kai