* Saving group customization
@ 2007-03-29  4:19 Slava Akhmechet
From: Slava Akhmechet @ 2007-03-29  4:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

When I type G c in the group buffer and am presented with the
customization interface, where do the customizations get saved? They
don't seem to go to either my .gnus or .emacs. What is the location?
Can I tell gnus to save this information in .gnus?

--
Regards,
Slava Akhmechet.

* Re: Saving group customization
@ 2007-03-29 14:37 ` David Z Maze
From: David Z Maze @ 2007-03-29 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Slava Akhmechet <coffeemug@gmail.com> writes:

> When I type G c in the group buffer and am presented with the
> customization interface, where do the customizations get saved? They
> don't seem to go to either my .gnus or .emacs. What is the location?

They get saved in your .newsrc.eld file.

> Can I tell gnus to save this information in .gnus?

Not easily.  Many of the variables (e.g., the ones dealing with
expiry) have corresponding variables that are regexps matching group
names, but you'd have to set this by hand.

  --dzm

* Re: Saving group customization
@ 2007-03-30  2:25   ` Slava Akhmechet
From: Slava Akhmechet @ 2007-03-30  2:25 UTC (permalink / raw)