* GPG signatures not working on quoted printable messages?
@ 2003-04-05 21:14 Rob French
From: Rob French @ 2003-04-05 21:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello!

I recently converted over from kmail to gnus. I find that when I write a
message with gnus and sign it with gpg (via mailcrypt), I can check the
signature just fine. However, when I try to verify the signatures on
messages that I moved over from my kmail setup, I get a warning that no
signed message was found in the buffer. This is despite the fact that
down in the modeline there is the "p" for PGP message.

I tried looking for differences between the two e-mails. E-mails sent
with kmail all have a Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable.
Additionally, they have all the quoted-printable characters.

So for example, a message from kmail has =2D----BEGIN PGP etc, while a
message from gnus has -----BEGIN PGP etc. I don't know if that should
make a difference.

Interestingly, if I try to decrypt the message (never mind that it's not
encrypted) of course I get an error, and then gnus displays the raw
unformatted message. At that point, if I try to verify the signature, it
works.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

-Rob

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-04-05 21:14 UTC | newest]