* Re: Loading browse-url...done
       [not found]         ` <m38yn8aswq.fsf@defun.localdomain>
@ 2003-10-27 14:58           ` Spam Me Please
       [not found]             ` <m3r80y5vsx.fsf@defun.localdomain>
From: Spam Me Please @ 2003-10-27 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Okay more confused. I check and the version of browse-url.el that have
does have browse-url-mozilla. I took a look at the code for
browse-url.el. Still not sure why it does not appear to be loading.
Will look at this some more.

ctl-h then f gives the following.

browse-url-mozilla is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `browse-url'.
(browse-url-mozilla URL &optional NEW-WINDOW)

wser to load URL.
Default to the URL around or before point.  The strings in variable
`browse-url-mozilla-arguments' are also passed to Mozilla.

When called interactively, if variable `browse-url-new-window-flag' is
non-nil, load the document in a new Mozilla window, otherwise use a
random existing one.  A non-nil interactive prefix argument reverses
the effect of `browse-url-new-window-flag'.

When called non-interactively, optional second argument NEW-WINDOW is
used instead of `browse-url-new-window-flag'.

 Jesper> Spam Me Please <spamme@edge.net> writes:
 >> browse-url-mozilla("http://www.ppczone.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=7016"
 >> nil)

 Jesper> `browse-url-mozilla' doesn't exist in the standard version of
 Jesper> browse-url shipped with Emacs 21.3.

 Jesper> So you must be using a different version of browse-url.el,
 Jesper> which you probably need to update.

* Re: Loading browse-url...done
       [not found]             ` <m3r80y5vsx.fsf@defun.localdomain>
@ 2003-10-28  3:54               ` Spam Me Please
From: Spam Me Please @ 2003-10-28  3:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks for the help. I have been cracking my head on this one. Setup
emacs on another computer and it works fine with loading url's with
the right click. Still can't find the difference on my primary
computer. I know something is not right.

M-x list-load-path-shadows does not show shadowing of browse-url.el on
either system. I even replaced the working browse-url.el from the
system that is working fine, but still no go.

Will take another look in the morning. I'm beat for the current time.

Thanks again for trying to help.

Alan

PS: Lession save a good backup before upgrading the system. :-(

 Jesper> Spam Me Please <spamme@edge.net> writes:
 >> Okay more confused. I check and the version of browse-url.el that
 >> have does have browse-url-mozilla. I took a look at the code for
 >> browse-url.el. Still not sure why it does not appear to be

 Jesper> Do `M-x list-load-path-shadows' to see if you have a
 Jesper> different version of browse-url.el which shadows the default
 Jesper> version.

 Jesper> If that's the case you can either remove the non-standard
 Jesper> version and use Ola's suggestion or update it (the problem
 Jesper> doesn't occur in the version from Emacs CVS).