* Re: Re-spool stuff with my new splitting?
       [not found] <cs94p47rqcj.fsf@Psilocybe.Update.UU.SE>
@ 2008-09-23 13:17 ` Eric Böse-Wolf
       [not found]   ` <cs9zllzq9sa.fsf@Psilocybe.Update.UU.SE>
From: Eric Böse-Wolf @ 2008-09-23 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hello Andreas,

Andreas Davour <anteRUN@updateLIKE.uu.HELLse> writes:

> I seem to remember that there's a section in the manual where it talks
> about re-sending stuff through the splitting but can't find it!

"C-h i m gnus C-s respool C-s" brings up the correct section of the
manual in my installation.

> I've changed my splitting settings (since some stuff ended up in the
> wrong places) and would like to send my articles through the new
> splitting. But, how do I do it?

B r respools a single article.

Have a nice day,

Eric

@ 2008-09-23 13:56     ` Eric Böse-Wolf
       [not found]       ` <cs9r67bq790.fsf@Psilocybe.Update.UU.SE>
From: Eric Böse-Wolf @ 2008-09-23 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Andreas Davour <anteRUN@updateLIKE.uu.HELLse> writes:

> eric.boese-wolf@uni-ulm.de (Eric Böse-Wolf) writes:
>
>> Hello Andreas,
>>
>> Andreas Davour <anteRUN@updateLIKE.uu.HELLse> writes:
>>
>>> I seem to remember that there's a section in the manual where it talks
>>> about re-sending stuff through the splitting but can't find it!
>>
>> "C-h i m gnus C-s respool C-s" brings up the correct section of the
>> manual in my installation.
>
> "This manual corresponds to Gnus v5.10.10." is what my emacs says, and
> then that there is no such thing as "respool". What version are you
> running?

If you do C-s respool you should see "Failing I-search: respool [initial
node]" in the minibuffer. If you press C-s once again, it should bring
you to the correct section.

If you can't manage that: m gnus -> Summary Buffer -> Mail Group
Commands.

Have a nice day,

Eric

@ 2008-09-23 15:32         ` Eric Böse-Wolf
From: Eric Böse-Wolf @ 2008-09-23 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Andreas Davour <anteRUN@updateLIKE.uu.HELLse> writes:

> eric.boese-wolf@uni-ulm.de (Eric Böse-Wolf) writes:
>
>> Andreas Davour <anteRUN@updateLIKE.uu.HELLse> writes:

>>> "This manual corresponds to Gnus v5.10.10." is what my emacs says, and
>>> then that there is no such thing as "respool". What version are you
>>> running?
>>
>> If you do C-s respool you should see "Failing I-search: respool [initial
>> node]" in the minibuffer. If you press C-s once again, it should bring
>> you to the correct section.
>
> If C-s don't find anything, how can another C-s find anything more??

Maybe you should give it a try. (Or read the info manual, aka the manual
of the info system.)

Have a nice day,

Eric

@ 2008-09-23 15:37     ` Tom Rauchenwald
From: Tom Rauchenwald @ 2008-09-23 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Andreas Davour <anteRUN@updateLIKE.uu.HELLse> writes:

>> B r respools a single article.
>
> OK. I guess I can do it manually for each article that way. Thanks!

When you want to respool many articles mark them with the process mark
(i.e. hit '#') and then type B r

> /Andreas

Tom

--
Let's just hope that all the world is run by Bill Gates
before the Perl hackers can destroy it.