* message-fill-column & replies
@ 2016-02-17 10:36 Saša Janiška
From: Saša Janiška @ 2016-02-17 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hello,

after some time I'm back to Gnus but have a problem which I do not
recall from the past...

When I reply to some message, Gnus adds '>' quoting char in the front of
quoted paragraph(s), but the problem is that the original message which
was wrapped at 79th column, now extends to 81 and I have to manually
reflow each quoted paragraph?

The value for message-fill-column is 72.

What do I miss?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Bewildered by the modes of material nature, the ignorant fully
engage themselves in material activities and become attached. But

* Re: message-fill-column & replies
@ 2016-02-17 11:23 ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2016-02-17 11:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Wed, Feb 17 2016, Saša Janiška wrote:

> I have to manually reflow each quoted paragraph?

You might automate it by checking inside gnus-message-setup-hook for
gnus-article-reply and then doing a fill-region between
mail-header-separator and end of buffer (or message-signature-separator).

--
           Peter

* Re: message-fill-column & replies
@ 2016-02-17 12:00 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2016-02-17 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Saša writes:

> When I reply to some message, Gnus adds '>' quoting char in the front
> of quoted paragraph(s), but the problem is that the original message
> which was wrapped at 79th column, now extends to 81 and I have to
> manually reflow each quoted paragraph?

If I want a quote re-filled, I just use M-q with point anywhere within
it.

Sometimes it is nice to not have it done automatically, if the quote
contains an ascii drawing, or similar.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "He's got nothing to say, he's just happy to be there"       Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: message-fill-column & replies
@ 2016-02-18  0:28   ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2016-02-18  0:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> If I want a quote re-filled, I just use M-q with
> point anywhere within it.
>
> Sometimes it is nice to not have it done
> automatically, if the quote contains an ascii
> drawing, or similar.

Indeed - I do it manually (`M-q') as well. It is
super-fast actually and besides it is often the case
that you don't want to cite the entire message. So you
want to mess around with it just the same - kill some
lines, for examples, almost always. So it is not a bad
thing to be active with the material in this way!

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

* Re: message-fill-column & replies
@ 2016-02-18  9:42   ` Saša Janiška
From: Saša Janiška @ 2016-02-18  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> If I want a quote re-filled, I just use M-q with point anywhere within
> it.

Thanks for the tip - it is better than 'vjgq' (I use Spacemacs with
vim's way to reflow)...although I still believe I was not doing it in
the past...well, maybe we're getting older. :-)

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Everyone is forced to act helplessly according to the qualities
he has acquired from the modes of material nature; therefore no