* Re: [attachments] Circumventing the mime description and type query
       [not found] <mailman.14730.1417041760.1147.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2014-11-27  6:38 ` Damien Wyart
From: Damien Wyart @ 2014-11-27  6:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

* dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de (H. Dieter Wilhelm) in gnu.emacs.gnus:
> I hardly ever need to specify the description and type when attaching
> a file. Are there options for circumventing these queries? I don't
> care about the description and would like to specify the type, mostly
> for images, as "inline" by default.

No, there is currently no way in the code to bypass (all or some)
queries completely (see mml-attach-file in mml.el).

--
DW

* Re: [attachments] Circumventing the mime description and type query
@ 2014-11-27  7:49   ` H. Dieter Wilhelm
       [not found]     ` <mailman.15274.1417725324.1147.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: H. Dieter Wilhelm @ 2014-11-27  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Damien Wyart <damien.wyart@free.fr> writes:

> * dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de (H. Dieter Wilhelm) in gnu.emacs.gnus:
>> I hardly ever need to specify the description and type when attaching
>> a file. Are there options for circumventing these queries? I don't
>> care about the description and would like to specify the type, mostly
>> for images, as "inline" by default.
>
> No, there is currently no way in the code to bypass (all or some)
> queries completely (see mml-attach-file in mml.el).

Thanks Damien for the confirmation, I'll write a (friendly) bug
report...

        Dieter
--
Best wishes
H. Dieter Wilhelm

* Re: [attachments] Circumventing the mime description and type query
@ 2014-12-04 20:35     ` Leo Butler
       [not found]     ` <mailman.15274.1417725324.1147.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Leo Butler @ 2014-12-04 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: info-gnus-english

dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de (H. Dieter Wilhelm) writes:

> Damien Wyart <damien.wyart@free.fr> writes:
>
>> * dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de (H. Dieter Wilhelm) in gnu.emacs.gnus:
>>> I hardly ever need to specify the description and type when attaching
>>> a file. Are there options for circumventing these queries? I don't
>>> care about the description and would like to specify the type, mostly
>>> for images, as "inline" by default.

Can't you record a keyboard macro to do this?

@ 2014-12-04 21:05       ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2014-12-04 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Leo Butler <leo.butler@member.fsf.org> writes:

>> I hardly ever need to specify the description and
>> type when attaching a file. Are there options for
>> circumventing these queries? I don't care about
>> the description and would like to specify the
>> type, mostly for images, as "inline" by default.
>
> Can't you record a keyboard macro to do this?

There are, I'm sure, configurations.

In general, keyboard macros aren't a good idea for
this.

Better to write Elisp functions that calls those
functions with their interfaces, or parts thereof,
spelled out. So instead of calling the function
interactively, you make your own function interactive,
and then have that call the original functions, but
now not interactively but from Elisp.

I think you know how to do that, but if you don't, I
can help you.

--
underground experts united

* Re: [attachments] Circumventing the mime description and type query
@ 2014-12-04 21:36         ` H. Dieter Wilhelm
From: H. Dieter Wilhelm @ 2014-12-04 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> Leo Butler <leo.butler@member.fsf.org> writes:
>
>>> I hardly ever need to specify the description and
>>> type when attaching a file. Are there options for
>>> circumventing these queries? I don't care about
>>> the description and would like to specify the
>>> type, mostly for images, as "inline" by default.
>>
>> Can't you record a keyboard macro to do this?
>
> There are, I'm sure, configurations.
>
> In general, keyboard macros aren't a good idea for
> this.
>
> Better to write Elisp functions that calls those
> functions with their interfaces, or parts thereof,
> spelled out. So instead of calling the function
> interactively, you make your own function interactive,
> and then have that call the original functions, but
> now not interactively but from Elisp.
>
> I think you know how to do that, but if you don't, I
> can help you.

Thank you, but I already wrote a bug report, let's see whether I'm
getting an answer from Gnus' tower?

   Dieter
--
Best wishes
H. Dieter Wilhelm

* [attachments] Circumventing the mime description and type query
@ 2014-11-26 19:19 H. Dieter Wilhelm
From: H. Dieter Wilhelm @ 2014-11-26 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hello Gnus,

I hardly ever need to specify the description and type when attaching a
file.  Are there options for circumventing these queries?  I don't care
about the description and would like to specify the type, mostly for
images, as "inline" by default.

Thanks
        Dieter
--