* dealing with wrong Content Type in MIME
@ 2004-04-20 11:29 Artem Baguinski
From: Artem Baguinski @ 2004-04-20 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

hello

    if the sender is somebuddy@yahoo.co.uk i know for sure he's sent
    me utf-8 encoded mail, but yahoo has created a MIME message with
    wrong encodings specified in both plain text and html parts.

    i've figured that if i do "repair multipart" and then "display as
    utf-8" i can read the plaintext part. I've found it by trial and
    error, i've no idea what the "repair multipart" does.

    i've also tried to open the mailbox with text editor on a mail
    server, delete the HTML part altogether, delete all traces of MIME
    and substituting the Content-Type with correct one (Content-Type:
    text/plain; charset=utf-8). This helped big time.

    Can i somehow automate this - either on server or in gnus?

thanks,
artm

--
gr{oe|ee}t{en|ings}
artm

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-04-20 11:29 UTC | newest]