* Re: fun function: get new news, dammit.
       [not found] <87bryah5rc.fsf@cs.uga.edu>
@ 2003-05-12  4:58 ` Ed L Cashin
From: Ed L Cashin @ 2003-05-12  4:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ed L Cashin <ecashin@uga.edu> writes:

> Despite gnus' great features, I often wind up switching to the *Group*
> buffer, hitting "L", and then doing "M-g" about twenty times or so to
> see whether there's new news/mail.
>
> Finally I made a function that does just that.

OK, I this function appeared to work, but here's something really
wierd: although the function does exactly what I do -- it calls the
same functions the keys are bound to, it sometimes doesn't show new
mail when the keys do!

That is, I can run elc-get-news-dammit and not see any new mail, then
manually hit M-g on an nnimap mailbox, and it shows new messages!
That, to me, seems very strange, since "ESC g" is bound to
gnus-topic-get-new-news-this-topic, the same function called in
elc-get-news-dammit.

--
  Singing Science  | Now anyone can tell you what a mammal is,
  "Mammal"         | Anyone who understands!
                   | They're warm blooded, have hair on their bodies,
                   | And suckle their young from mammary glands.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-05-12  4:58 UTC | newest]