* Re: GPG, Gnus and Outlook
       [not found] <ufzgc1s4h.fsf@icts-tech.com>
       [not found] ` <7xfzgc5ywr.fsf@arthur.icada.net>
@ 2003-11-26 12:32 ` Heinrich Moser
From: Heinrich Moser @ 2003-11-26 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yair Friedman <yair@MailAndNews.com> writes:
> I need to exchange encrypted and signed emails with outlook users. Is
> there a howto or something for a complete encryption newbie?

One thing to consider: Outlook and Outlook Express have no built-in
support for PGP or GPG; however, they do support S/MIME natively. It
is possible to create S/MIME-messages using OpenSSL although I doubt
that there is a gnus plugin available (I haven't checked, though).

My point being: You should first decide which type of encryption you
want to use and then look at the tools available for the different
MUAs.

Greetings,
    Heinrich

* Re: GPG, Gnus and Outlook
       [not found] ` <7xfzgc5ywr.fsf@arthur.icada.net>
@ 2003-11-25 15:10   ` Glyn Millington
From: Glyn Millington @ 2003-11-25 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Christoph Gaitzsch <gaitzsch@icada.com> writes:
>> I need to exchange encrypted and signed emails with outlook users. Is
>> there a howto or something for a complete encryption newbie?
>
> Look at www.gnupg.org. There you find windows executables of gnupg +
> hints for interacting with various MTAs. Also HOWTOs are available.

For Gnus its worth looking at the mailcrypt package...  a good front-end!

http://mailcrypt.sourceforge.net/

Glyn