* Half-killed articles
@ 2003-10-23 17:40 David Z Maze
From: David Z Maze @ 2003-10-23 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've been seeing this in Gnus for quite a while, and really have no
idea how to track it down.  Say I'm reading a large group, and find a
thread I'm uninterested in.  So I kill the thread with C-k.  Normally,
this gives all of the articles in the thread the 'K' mark, turns them
green, and moves the point to the next unread article.  But if the
subject of the thread changes, all of the articles in the thread tree
still get turned green, but the new-subject part of the thread doesn't
get marked, and the point generally moves to the first article here.

So my summary buffer might look like this:

K     0 > [  12: First Person        ] Unexciting thread
K     0 +-> [  30: Second Person       ]
      0 | \-> [  15: k1001355            ] Isn't news great?
   1532 |   \-> [  42: Lars Magne Ingebrigt]
K  1532 \-> [  22: Lars Magne Ingebrigt] Re: Unexciting thread

With the point on the article from "k1001355", and all of the above in
green.

Any hints as to what's going on, and how to track the actual problem
down?

--
David Maze             dmaze@mit.edu          http://www.mit.edu/~dmaze/
	-- Abra Mitchell

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-10-23 17:40 UTC | newest]