* IMAP sync problem
@ 2008-09-24 12:25 nakkaya
From: nakkaya @ 2008-09-24 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I am using gnus with gmail via IMAP. they are working fine but whenever
i am not at my computer and open a unread message from the web interface
i can't see that message in my inbox gnus never updates the information.
is there a way to force gnus to synchronize with imap server?

--
Nurullah Akkaya

* Re: IMAP sync problem
@ 2008-09-24 18:22 ` William F Hammond
From: William F Hammond @ 2008-09-24 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

nakkaya@gmail.com writes:

> I am using gnus with gmail via IMAP. they are working fine but whenever
> i am not at my computer and open a unread message from the web interface
> i can't see that message in my inbox gnus never updates the information.
> is there a way to force gnus to synchronize with imap server?

If I understand what you are saying, perhaps in the web interface you
want to mark the message as "unread" after you have read it there but
before you attempt to get your mail from the imap server with gnus.

                                    -- Bill

* Re: IMAP sync problem
@ 2008-09-24 18:59   ` Ross A. Laird
From: Ross A. Laird @ 2008-09-24 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

William F Hammond <hammond@csc.albany.edu> writes:

> nakkaya@gmail.com writes:
>
>> I am using gnus with gmail via IMAP. they are working fine but whenever
>> i am not at my computer and open a unread message from the web interface
>> i can't see that message in my inbox gnus never updates the information.
>> is there a way to force gnus to synchronize with imap server?
>
> If I understand what you are saying, perhaps in the web interface you
> want to mark the message as "unread" after you have read it there but
> before you attempt to get your mail from the imap server with gnus.
>
>                                     -- Bill

That's what I do. I have to mark mails as Unread again (either in the
web interface or in Thunderbird) in order for gnus to see them. Or, I
can show the 'old' messages in gnus. I prefer the former method.

Ross

--
Ross A. Laird, PhD
www.rosslaird.info