* Writing to a foreign group
@ 2008-08-12 10:08 Hermann
       [not found] ` <mailman.16452.1218555049.18990.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Hermann @ 2008-08-12 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi,
my main news server is news.online.de, the server of my German ISP.
However: I've subscribed to a foreign group:
news.mozilla.org:mozilla.support.accessibility.
I can read this group, but I have to realize that I'm not able topost a
news there.
When I open a new post, put in the group - with and withouth the full
path - I always get the message that it cannot be sent, because there is
no such group; this is obviously wrong.
How can i send to this group?
I tried to put it into my .gnus file under:
(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
   '((nntp "news.mozilla.org"))
   '((nnml "private")))
But only the mail selection method is accepted. I get the message:
"Error in ~/.gnus: symbolp"
when starting gnus.
So what to do? Why are things so terribly complicated? :-(
Hermann

* Re: Writing to a foreign group
@ 2008-08-12 15:30 ` Andy Moreton
       [not found] ` <mailman.16452.1218555049.18990.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Andy Moreton @ 2008-08-12 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hermann <meinelisten@onlinehome.de> writes:

> Hi,
> my main news server is news.online.de, the server of my German ISP.
> However: I've subscribed to a foreign group:
> news.mozilla.org:mozilla.support.accessibility.
> I can read this group, but I have to realize that I'm not able topost a
> news there.
> When I open a new post, put in the group - with and withouth the full
> path - I always get the message that it cannot be sent, because there is
> no such group; this is obviously wrong.
> How can i send to this group?
> I tried to put it into my .gnus file under:
> (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
>    '((nntp "news.mozilla.org"))
>    '((nnml "private")))
> But only the mail selection method is accepted. I get the message:
> "Error in ~/.gnus: symbolp"
> when starting gnus.
> So what to do? Why are things so terribly complicated? :-(
> Hermann

Try this instead:

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '((nntp "news.mozilla.org")
        (nnml "private")))

HTH

    AndyM

@ 2008-08-13  7:55   ` Hermann
From: Hermann @ 2008-08-13  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On 12.08.2008 at 17:30:27 Andy Moreton <andy.moreton@artimi.com> wrote:
[...]
>> How can i send to this group?
>> I tried to put it into my .gnus file under:
>> (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
>>    '((nntp "news.mozilla.org"))
>>    '((nnml "private")))
>> But only the mail selection method is accepted. I get the message:
>> "Error in ~/.gnus: symbolp"
>> when starting gnus.
[...]
> Try this instead: