* Re: send mail to several recipients with bbdb
       [not found] ` <864qrocoee.fsf@doze.rz-berlin.mpg.de>
@ 2004-04-14 12:19   ` Fabian Braennstroem
From: Fabian Braennstroem @ 2004-04-14 12:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jochen Küpper <usenet@jochen-kuepper.de> writes:

> On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 08:04:22 +0200 Fabian Braennstroem wrote:
>
> Fabian> when I get a mail with a lot of 'cc'-addresses, how can I save
> Fabian> them in bbdb.
>
> Are you looking for this?
> ,----[ C-h f bbdb/gnus-show-all-recipients RET ]
> | bbdb/gnus-show-all-recipients is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `bbdb-gnus'.
> | (bbdb/gnus-show-all-recipients)
> |
> | Show all recipients of this message. Counterpart to `bbdb/vm-show-sender'.
> `----
>
> Fabian> And further on, how can I make a group, e.g. 'University',
> Fabian> from existing name-entries in bbdb which I can select to send
> Fabian> the mail to?
>
> Create 'mail-alias' entries in each of these entries with a value of
> 'University'. Then check out
> ,----[ C-h f bbdb-define-all-aliases RET ]
> | bbdb-define-all-aliases is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `bbdb-com'.
> | (bbdb-define-all-aliases)
> |
> | Define mail aliases for some of the records in the database.
> | Every record which has a `mail-alias' field will have a mail alias
> | defined for it which is the contents of that field.  If there are
> | multiple comma-separated words in the `mail-alias' field, then all
> | of those words will be defined as aliases for that person.
> |
> | If multiple entries in the database have the same mail alias, then
> | that alias expands to a comma-separated list of the network addresses
> | of all of those people.
> `----
Thanks! But somehow I am not able to insert the alias!?
My alias-relevant (I think :-)) code looks like this:

  ;; BBDB mail alias definitions:
  (autoload 'bbdb-define-all-aliases
    "bbdb-com" "Hook mail alias feature of BBDB into message-mode." t)
  (add-hook 'message-setup-hook 'bbdb-define-all-aliases)
  (add-hook 'message-mode-hook 'ls6-message-mode-hook-mail-aliases)
  (defun ls6-message-mode-hook-mail-aliases ()
    (define-key message-mode-map (kbd "C-c C-a")
      'mail-interactive-insert-alias))
  (setq bbdb-completion-display-record nil)

Does anybody have an idea?

Greetings!
--
Fabian Braennstroem
Berlin / Duesseldorf

* Re: send mail to several recipients with bbdb
@ 2004-04-15 22:42     ` Jochen Küpper
       [not found]       ` <871xmjqhdp.fsf@tfdpc12.tfd.chalmers.se>
From: Jochen Küpper @ 2004-04-15 22:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 14:19:15 +0200 Fabian Braennstroem wrote:

Fabian> Thanks! But somehow I am not able to insert the alias!?

What, where?

You cannot insert the alias in the bbdb? Or you cannot expand it in a
message buffer?

Greetings,
Jochen
        (Part 3 you find in my messages before fall 2003.)

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 185 bytes --]

* Re: send mail to several recipients with bbdb
       [not found]             ` <87k7092uof.fsf@emptyhost.emptydomain.de>
@ 2004-04-23  6:20               ` Fabian Braennstroem
From: Fabian Braennstroem @ 2004-04-23  6:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

Kai Grossjohann <kai@emptydomain.de> writes:

> Fabian Braennstroem <f.braennstroem@gmx.de> writes:
>
>> (defun my-mail-tab ()
>
> Gnus 5.10 comes with a command message-tab, conveniently bound to TAB
> by default, which more or less does what you need, I think.

O.K. I deleted my code-part. Thanks! Unfortunately it doesn't help with the
mail-alias. I copied one of my bbdb-entries:

xxx
         Office: 030
            net: xxxx
            AKA: TU
  creation-date: 27 Feb 2004
      timestamp: 20 Apr 2004
      last-subj: Wechsel
     user-agent: Pegasus Mail for Windows (v4.02a)
     mail-alias: TU

As you can see, I have a mail-alias 'TU', but when writing this and afterwards
pressing TAB, I just see the addresses which have a beginning TU in their
names!?

Greetings!
--
Fabian Braennstroem