* nndrafts how to correct groups buffer info
@ 2003-09-11 13:25 Hugh Lawson
       [not found] ` <86n0cvteqb.fsf@slowfox.dyndns.org>
From: Hugh Lawson @ 2003-09-11 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Looks like this:

  53: nndraft:drafts

But when I try to enter the nndrafts summary buffer, it changes to this:

  0: nndraft:drafts

The '53' keeps coming back when I restart gnus.

How can I restore the groups buffer information so that the '53' stops
coming back?   What I want is correct groups buffer information. There
should be no stored drafts.

I've already tried to C-k the nndrafts line in the groups buffer.
Didn't work.

--
Hugh Lawson
hlawson@triad.rr.com

* Re: nndrafts how to correct groups buffer info--solved?
       [not found] ` <86n0cvteqb.fsf@slowfox.dyndns.org>
@ 2003-09-28 14:35   ` Hugh Lawson
From: Hugh Lawson @ 2003-09-28 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai Grossjohann <kai.grossjohann@gmx.net> writes:

> Did you exit Gnus after this?  Maybe also exit Emacs.
>
> Another idea would be G DEL or C-u G DEL on it.

Guru-level commentary requested on ~/News/cache/active.

The problem was that the group 'nndrafts:drafts' showed 50 or so
posts, but when I opened the group, none were there.  But when I
backed out to the groups buffer, and hit 'g', once again the number
appeared.

I may have this fixed now, though I'm not sure, and I don't know if
this fix will work for others.  This was a desperate shot in the
dark. ;-)

I deleted ~/News/cache/active.  Before deletion, this file showed
something like this:

nndraft:drafts 53  45  y

and just that.  Nothing else was in ~/News/cache/active.

Now, in the groups buffer, things look right:

  0: nndraft:drafts

After restarting gnus, ~/News/cache/active exists, but is
empty. That's the way it ought to be, since I didn't have any drafts
saved.

--
Hugh Lawson