* Reading www.mail-archive.com?
@ 2016-12-21  9:10 Loris Bennett
From: Loris Bennett @ 2016-12-21  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi,

As efforts to rebuild gmane don't seem to be progressing very fast, I
was wondering whether one can read www.mail-archive.com via gnus.  In
some old versions of the manual there is a reference to doing this via
the 'nnwarchive' backend.  However my GNUS V5.12 doesn't have
this and  none of the other backends seemed to work.

Is this possible and, if so, how?

Cheers,

Loris

* Re: Reading www.mail-archive.com?
@ 2016-12-21 10:19 ` Michael Albinus
From: Michael Albinus @ 2016-12-21 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Loris Bennett; +Cc: info-gnus-english

"Loris Bennett" <loris.bennett@fu-berlin.de> writes:

> Hi,

Hi Loris,

> As efforts to rebuild gmane don't seem to be progressing very fast,

I'm still reading many mailing lists via gmane. The HTML front end has
disappeared, but NNTP access is still possible. In gnus, I have setup
the server with method nntp, server name news.gmane.org.

> Cheers,
>
> Loris

Best regards, Michael.

* Re: Reading www.mail-archive.com?
@ 2016-12-22  8:23   ` Loris Bennett
From: Loris Bennett @ 2016-12-22  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi Michael,

> "Loris Bennett" <loris.bennett@fu-berlin.de> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>
> Hi Loris,
>
>> As efforts to rebuild gmane don't seem to be progressing very fast,
>
> I'm still reading many mailing lists via gmane. The HTML front end has
> disappeared, but NNTP access is still possible. In gnus, I have setup
> the server with method nntp, server name news.gmane.org.

I am also still reading some lists via NNTP access gmane.  However, one
in particular, "r-help@r-project.org" seems to have disappeared.

@ 2016-12-23 22:42     ` Stephen Berman
From: Stephen Berman @ 2016-12-23 22:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Loris Bennett; +Cc: info-gnus-english

On Thu, 22 Dec 2016 09:23:30 +0100 "Loris Bennett" <loris.bennett@fu-berlin.de> wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> Michael Albinus <michael.albinus@gmx.de> writes:
>
>> "Loris Bennett" <loris.bennett@fu-berlin.de> writes:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>
>> Hi Loris,
>>
>>> As efforts to rebuild gmane don't seem to be progressing very fast,
>>
>> I'm still reading many mailing lists via gmane. The HTML front end has
>> disappeared, but NNTP access is still possible. In gnus, I have setup
>> the server with method nntp, server name news.gmane.org.
>
> I am also still reading some lists via NNTP access gmane.  However, one
> in particular, "r-help@r-project.org" seems to have disappeared.

It's still there (I read it regularly, and did just now); look for this:
gmane.comp.lang.r.general

Steve Berman