* Re: Reading mail in Mail dir with gnus
       [not found] ` <m33c5thn07.fsf@multivac.cwru.edu>
@ 2004-05-24 20:13   ` Hugh Lawson
From: Hugh Lawson @ 2004-05-24 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

prj@po.cwru.edu (Paul Jarc) writes:

> Micha Feigin <micha@litshi.luna.local> wrote:
> > It looks for the help that nnmaildir should be able to do it, but I couldn't
> > find how to set things up.
>
> Create a directory such as ~/maildirs.  In there, you'll create
> maildirs or symlinks to maildirs, and those will show up as groups
> within Gnus.  So you might have ~/maildirs/inbox -> ~/Maildir.  Then
> in your .gnus, you'd have something like:
> (add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods
>              '(nnmaildir "" (directory "~/maildirs")))
>

> paul

Can one do the same for nnmbox backend with this present structure,
which I read with mutt:

$ ls ~/Mail

amazon  gaemanue-l      mbox    plug   spam
drafts  hlawson-system-box  marketplace-messages  outbox  saved

Each is a filename with the unix mbox form, containing many messages.

The goal is to just read this email in  gnus to see if I like it, but
not to make any surprising changes.

--
Hugh Lawson

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-05-24 20:13 UTC | newest]