* Re: Gnus and free.teranews.com
       [not found] ` <87b951075a86f0d9d430407d465e9ace@news.teranews.com>
@ 2003-10-16 19:26   ` * Tong *
       [not found]     ` <7055934a733b5d4fa86f267b89d976e1@news.teranews.com>
From: * Tong * @ 2003-10-16 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 21:10:06 +0000, Mattias From wrote:

>> Can anyone read news from free.teranews.com with gnus?
>> [...]
>
> I used gnus with teranews for some testing in misc.test didn't notice
> anything strange. Moved on to use leafnode instead though.

Thanks for the input. Launching emacs with '-q -no-site-file', I can read
messages now. I guess it is my own setting's problem now. :-)

Thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  *niX Power Tools Project: http://xpt.sourceforge.net/

* Re: Gnus reset and start fresh
       [not found]     ` <7055934a733b5d4fa86f267b89d976e1@news.teranews.com>
@ 2003-10-16 22:49       ` * Tong *
From: * Tong * @ 2003-10-16 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 22:23:06 +0000, * Tong * wrote:

> * Tong * <sun_tong@users.sourceforge.net> writes:
>
>> [...] I guess it is my own setting's problem now. :-)
>
> Hi, my gnus gets into a bewildering stage:
>
> [...]
> - I can't see my posting: In comp.test, I can read/post, but I was
>   having a hard time seeing my posting coming up in gnus. The new
>   posting shows up instantly in pan, but in gnus, I 'g' in group
>   window many many time, still can't see my new posting. I am able
>   to see them though, after many twisting, might be the exit and
>   come back again did the trick.

Correction #1, exit and come back again won't do the trick. Have to wait
excessively long. This time 5 minutes later, gnus still unable to pick up
my new posting (while pan picks up instantly).

Correction #2, this happens to all news groups that I posted. Beside
comp.test, I also just posted to here and comp.unix.shell. I haven't seen
them in gnus yet. I'm now posting with my pan.