* Argh... Emacs/gnus marked my messages as read...
@ 2007-01-17 23:50 Martin Jørgensen
From: Martin Jørgensen @ 2007-01-17 23:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I was reading some newsgroup from within gnus and suddenly I had to grab
a paper or something and leaned forward, accidentally pressing some keys
on the keyboard, and then gnus got out of that group...

And it marked all the rest of the messages as read, even though there
might be some of them I wanted to read, when I got back in...

How do I tell gnus not to mark messages as read, unless I press "c" (and
answer yes) to mark all messages in the group? I mean: How to avoid this
problem (could also be that I wanted to press "q" and later get back
into the group to continue reading)?

Best regards
Martin Jørgensen

Home of Martin Jørgensen - http://www.martinjoergensen.dk

* Re: Argh... Emacs/gnus marked my messages as read...
@ 2007-01-18  1:27 ` Holger Sparr
From: Holger Sparr @ 2007-01-18  1:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

hotmail_spam@hotmail.com (Martin Jørgensen) schrieb am 18.01.2007:
> I was reading some newsgroup from within gnus and suddenly I had to grab
> a paper or something and leaned forward, accidentally pressing some keys
> on the keyboard, and then gnus got out of that group...
>
> And it marked all the rest of the messages as read, even though there
> might be some of them I wanted to read, when I got back in...
>
> How do I tell gnus not to mark messages as read, unless I press "c" (and
> answer yes) to mark all messages in the group? I mean: How to avoid this
> problem (could also be that I wanted to press "q" and later get back
> into the group to continue reading)?

There is:

,----[ C-h f gnus-undo RET ]
| gnus-undo is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `gnus-undo.el'.
| (gnus-undo n)
|
| Undo some previous changes in Gnus buffers.
| Repeat this command to undo more changes.
| A numeric argument serves as a repeat count.
|
| [back]
`----

which is in the *Group* buffer bound to  Ctrl-_.

HTH,
Holger

* Re: Argh... Emacs/gnus marked my messages as read...
@ 2007-01-18 14:39   ` Martin Jørgensen
From: Martin Jørgensen @ 2007-01-18 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Holger Sparr <sparr+usenet@mfk.tu-dresden.de> writes:

> hotmail_spam@hotmail.com (Martin Jørgensen) schrieb am 18.01.2007:
>> I was reading some newsgroup from within gnus and suddenly I had to grab
>> a paper or something and leaned forward, accidentally pressing some keys
>> on the keyboard, and then gnus got out of that group...
>>
>> And it marked all the rest of the messages as read, even though there
>> might be some of them I wanted to read, when I got back in...
>>
>> How do I tell gnus not to mark messages as read, unless I press "c" (and
>> answer yes) to mark all messages in the group? I mean: How to avoid this
>> problem (could also be that I wanted to press "q" and later get back
>> into the group to continue reading)?
>
> There is:
>
> ,----[ C-h f gnus-undo RET ]
> | gnus-undo is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `gnus-undo.el'.
> | (gnus-undo n)
> |
> | Undo some previous changes in Gnus buffers.
> | Repeat this command to undo more changes.
> | A numeric argument serves as a repeat count.
> |
> | [back]
> `----
>
> which is in the *Group* buffer bound to  Ctrl-_.

Ah, you're right. Thanks... That should do it...