* multiple reply address
@ 2018-08-19  7:40 Byung-Hee HWANG (황병희, 黃炳熙)
From: Byung-Hee HWANG (황병희, 黃炳熙) @ 2018-08-19  7:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

when i reply, how can i select one address like thunderbird? let's
assume there are two addresses like as [soyeomul@gmail.com,
soyeomul@doraji.xyz]. yes i'm using gnus.

thanks for advance,,,

--
^고맙습니다 _地平天成_ 감사합니다_^))//

* Re: multiple reply address
@ 2018-08-20 14:00 ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2018-08-20 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

soyeomul@doraji.xyz (Byung-Hee HWANG "(황병희, 黃炳熙)") writes:

> when i reply, how can i select one address like thunderbird? let's
> assume there are two addresses like as [soyeomul@gmail.com,
> soyeomul@doraji.xyz]. yes i'm using gnus.

I think this can be governed by posting styles. My dad persists in
sending me emails to an old address that simply forwards to my new
address. So when I reply to him, I swap the "To:" address to my new one,
like so:

(setq gnus-posting-styles
 '(((header "To" "eric@abrahamsen.com")
    (address "eric@ericabrahamsen.net"))
   ((header "Cc" "eric@abrahamsen.com")
    (address "eric@ericabrahamsen.net"))
    ;; etc...
    ))

* Re: multiple reply address
@ 2018-08-22  7:38   ` Byung-Hee HWANG (황병희, 黃炳熙)
From: Byung-Hee HWANG (황병희, 黃炳熙) @ 2018-08-22  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> soyeomul@doraji.xyz (Byung-Hee HWANG "(황병희, 黃炳熙)") writes:
>
>> when i reply, how can i select one address like thunderbird? let's
>> assume there are two addresses like as [soyeomul@gmail.com,
>> soyeomul@doraji.xyz]. yes i'm using gnus.
>
> I think this can be governed by posting styles. My dad persists in
> sending me emails to an old address that simply forwards to my new
> address. So when I reply to him, I swap the "To:" address to my new one,
> like so:
>
> (setq gnus-posting-styles
>  '(((header "To" "eric@abrahamsen.com")
>     (address "eric@ericabrahamsen.net"))
>    ((header "Cc" "eric@abrahamsen.com")
>     (address "eric@ericabrahamsen.net"))
>     ;; etc...
>     ))

Thank you Eric, plus question.
In first time sending mail, can i select one address?
Thunderbird anytime can do it, at replay and first mail.
Just i would like to select one address on prompt as Thunderbird.

Sorry for silly question;;;

--
^고맙습니다 _地平天成_ 감사합니다_^))//

* Re: multiple reply address
@ 2018-08-22  8:13     ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2018-08-22  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

soyeomul@doraji.xyz (Byung-Hee HWANG "(황병희, 黃炳熙)") writes:

>> soyeomul@doraji.xyz (Byung-Hee HWANG "(황병희, 黃炳熙)") writes:
>>
>>> when i reply, how can i select one address like thunderbird? let's
>>> assume there are two addresses like as [soyeomul@gmail.com,
>>> soyeomul@doraji.xyz]. yes i'm using gnus.
>>
>> I think this can be governed by posting styles. My dad persists in
>> sending me emails to an old address that simply forwards to my new
>> address. So when I reply to him, I swap the "To:" address to my new one,
>> like so:
>>
>> (setq gnus-posting-styles
>>  '(((header "To" "eric@abrahamsen.com")
>>     (address "eric@ericabrahamsen.net"))
>>    ((header "Cc" "eric@abrahamsen.com")
>>     (address "eric@ericabrahamsen.net"))
>>     ;; etc...
>>     ))
>
> Thank you Eric, plus question.
> In first time sending mail, can i select one address?
> Thunderbird anytime can do it, at replay and first mail.
> Just i would like to select one address on prompt as Thunderbird.
>
> Sorry for silly question;;;

Not silly! When you first send a new mail, you can use a Gnus group as a
posting-styles template, by moving point to the group you want to use,
and then hitting "C-u m" (or "C-u a") rather than just "m" or "a". The
new mail will be constructed as if you were replying to a mail received
in that group.

Personally I would prefer a prompt, but that's how it works. There are a
few packages (gnus-pers, and gnus-alias, that is apparently an extension
of gnus-pers (?)) that do this, but I haven't used them before.

Eric

* Re: multiple reply address
@ 2018-08-24  6:11       ` Bob Newell
From: Bob Newell @ 2018-08-24  6:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I'm getting away from the original question, but gnus-alias is super
useful. I have a zillion email addresses that all forward or get
fetched to a single address. However on replying I often wish to reply
from one of the zillion other addresses, without actually changing my
base identity. gnus-alias makes that quite easy.  I can also force
replies to come from certain addresses going to certain destination
addresses. This works really well in conjunction with something like
msmtp (although it can be done natively in gnus).

For instance, anything I mail to University of Hawai`i (hawaii.edu) I
want to come from my MIT address (alum.mit.edu).  That's an easy
setup. Anything coming in to my Jane Austen Society address
(jasnahawaii.org) will go back out from the same address.

Aloha from stormy Hawai`i,

--
Bob Newell
Honolulu, Hawai`i