* Re: start gnus afresh from ground zero
       [not found] ` <84y92l0yff.fsf@lucy.is.informatik.uni-duisburg.de>
@ 2003-04-08 16:13   ` Hugh Lawson
From: Hugh Lawson @ 2003-04-08 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai Großjohann<kai.grossjohann@gmx.net>, wrote:
> Hugh Lawson <hlawson@triad.rr.com> writes:
>
>> How can I start gnus as if for the first time?
>
> Remove ~/.newsrc*, ~/News, ~/Mail, ~/.nnmail-cache.
>
> Better, rename them.
>
> But if you gave a more detailed description of the trouble, then
> people might give you some insight where to start looking.

Here is what is happening.

I start gnus, but my subscribed newsgroups all show 0.  If I hit enter
on the one I read most often, the summary page shows only posts from a
few days ago.

Then sometimes when I start gnus again, the summary page shows
up-to-date posts.

I'm beginning to think the news server is fiddling around with its
control files, and hasn't got it right yet.  This has happened before.

I've opened slrn and it seems to be having the same problem.  But I got
an alternalte news server for slrn, and it seems to be working ok.

Does this sound like server problems?
--
Hugh Lawson
hlawson@triad.rr.com

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-04-08 16:13 UTC | newest]