* problems with nnimap and gcc, gnus-message-archive-group
@ 2004-05-21 10:59 chris wallace
From: chris wallace @ 2004-05-21 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

I use nnimap and want to save a copy of outgoing messages.  So I put

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '((nnimap "QMUL"
		(nnimap-address "imap.qmul.ac.uk")
		(nnimap-list-pattern ("*"))
)))

(setq gnus-message-archive-group "nnimap+QMUL:sent-mail")

When I write a mail, I see a Gcc header
Gcc: nnimap+QMUL:sent-mail

But after sending it with C-c C-c, there is no copy in
nnimap+QMUL:sent-mail.

I can manually move messages to this group with B m
nnimap+QMUL:sent-mail, so do not see why the Gcc isn't working.

Any suggestions?

Chris.

* Re: problems with nnimap and gcc, gnus-message-archive-group
@ 2004-05-22 23:12 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2004-05-22 23:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

c.wallace@qmul.ac.uk (chris wallace) writes:

> But after sending it with C-c C-c, there is no copy in
> nnimap+QMUL:sent-mail.

You don't say what Gnus version you're using.  I think this only
works in newer releases.

* Re: problems with nnimap and gcc, gnus-message-archive-group
@ 2004-05-24  9:14   ` chris wallace
From: chris wallace @ 2004-05-24  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> wrote in message news:<m31xlchx9c.fsf@quimbies.gnus.org>...
> c.wallace@qmul.ac.uk (chris wallace) writes:
>
> > But after sending it with C-c C-c, there is no copy in
> > nnimap+QMUL:sent-mail.
>
> You don't say what Gnus version you're using.  I think this only
> works in newer releases.

Ahh.  I updated to 5.10.6 and it now works as expected.  Thank you.  Chris.