* Re: GNUS 5.9: Showing all articles automatically when entering   group
       [not found] ` <m3llxi4vml.fsf@defun.localdomain>
@ 2003-05-13 14:29   ` Jonathan Kamens
From: Jonathan Kamens @ 2003-05-13 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jesper Harder <harder@myrealbox.com> writes:
>You won't be prompted if you set `gnus-large-newsgroup' to nil in the
>`G c' buffer.

Doesn't appear to work, at least not exactly.  If I set
gnus-large-newsgroup to nil globally, then yes, GNUS no
longer prompts me about entering the group.  But if I set it
locally for the group, it still prompts me.  Here's the
configuration of the group, according to "G p":

((uidvalidity . "208551")
 (display . all)
 (gnus-large-newsgroup nil))

So, which of us is confused about whether it should be
possible to set this parameter on a per-group basis, you or
me? :-)

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-05-13 14:29 UTC | newest]