* can Content-Type be set of the body of the message?
@ 2008-07-04 12:24 kousik
From: kousik @ 2008-07-04 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi,

For attachments, gnus prompt me for a content type (with a sensible
default), but when composing messages, can I set it explicitly? For
example (a bad one, though) if I wrote the email (actually pasted from
somewhere) with html markup tags, for example "<h1>Some Header</
type is text/html so that the receiving end renders correctly? Or if I
pasted some text which is already quoted-printable, e.g. have `=20'
etc inside, can I edit the content-type to add a transfer-encoding?

Thanks,
Kousik

* Re: can Content-Type be set of the body of the message?
@ 2008-07-14 14:05 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2008-07-14 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Fri, 4 Jul 2008 05:24:04 -0700 (PDT), kousik wrote:

> For attachments, gnus prompt me for a content type (with a sensible
> default), but when composing messages, can I set it explicitly?

Maybe this article can be of help:

 "Simple composition of HTML emails in Emacs using Markdown"

  - <http://edward.oconnor.cx/2008/01/html-email-composition-in-emacs>

(You can skip the markdown-parts, if you want, of course :-))

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "But after all, who is? At least in our case - no one        Adam Sjøgren
  is such a great musician. But we are stubborn."        asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: can Content-Type be set of the body of the message?
@ 2008-07-15 10:20   ` kousik
From: kousik @ 2008-07-15 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Jul 14, 7:05 pm, a...@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Jul 2008 05:24:04 -0700 (PDT), kousik wrote:
> > For attachments, gnus prompt me for a content type (with a sensible
> > default), but when composing messages, can I set it explicitly?
>
> Maybe this article can be of help:
>  "Simple composition of HTML emails in Emacs using Markdown"

Thanks. Here are a few more alternatives I discovered:

(1) just forcibly add a header:

(2) have the html formatted message in *scratch*, then "attach buffer"
    (which should be the only content) and it'll prompt for a type
(enter
    text/html).

Of course both these solutions will not have a multipart/alternative
carry the plain text version.

regards,
Kousik