* cygwin+emacs+gnus gets error?
@ 2003-10-29  7:54 jun hong
       [not found] ` <uvfq81kwr.fsf@mid.gehheimdienst.de>
From: jun hong @ 2003-10-29  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

hello:
i'm emacs newbie. and i had to use M$ win98 in my office. so i install a new
cygwin and try to use emacs to read news group.
but i gets this error:
after a long long time waiting:
"nntp read xxxxk"
i only get aline contains:
0:  nndraft : .....
and i press L ,nothing happens but aline shows that "no gnus is bad news".
why?
this is my .gnus
(setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "news.wplus.net"))
(setq user-mail-address "hj_182002@yahoo.ca")
(setq user-full-name "hong jun")

* Re: cygwin+emacs+gnus gets error?
       [not found] ` <uvfq81kwr.fsf@mid.gehheimdienst.de>
@ 2003-10-30  4:12   ` jun hong
From: jun hong @ 2003-10-30  4:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Frank Schmitt" <usereplyto@Frank-Schmitt.net>
??????:uvfq81kwr.fsf@mid.gehheimdienst.de...
> "jun hong" <hj_18@citiz.net> writes:
>
> > hello:
> > i'm emacs newbie. and i had to use M$ win98 in my office. so i install a
new
> > cygwin and try to use emacs to read news group.
> > but i gets this error:
> > after a long long time waiting:
> > "nntp read xxxxk"
> > i only get aline contains:
> > 0:  nndraft : .....
> > and i press L ,nothing happens but aline shows that "no gnus is bad
news".
> > why?
> > this is my .gnus
> > (setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "news.wplus.net"))
> > (setq user-mail-address "hj_182002@yahoo.ca")
> > (setq user-full-name "hong jun")
>
> Well, this looks like everything is OK, you now just have to subscribe
> to some groups. Have a look in the manual or the FAQ at
> http://my.gnus.org/FAQ to see how, there are several ways to do it.
>
> --
> Did you ever realize how much text fits in eighty columns? If you now
consider
> that a signature usually consists of up to four lines, this gives you
enough
> space to spread a tremendous amount of information with your messages. So
seize
> this opportunity and don't waste your signature with bullshit nobody will
read.

ok .i find the answer. i cant't list the list of news groups. but i can
subscribe a group and read news. so i had to find the groups with ontlook
and then add to my emacs.
what's a long way.
by the way ,thank u very much sir Frank Schmitt