* Re: Gnus shows really old articles
       [not found] <sweet.nirwana_is87pt9n3y6r.fsf@home.at>
@ 2004-05-05  8:33 ` Subhankar Chatterjee
From: Subhankar Chatterjee @ 2004-05-05  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

Josef Oswald wrote:
> Gnus (stable as well as unstable)  shows a few old articles-headers in
> news-group like from January.
>
> If I am correct a user can't set news-groups expire setting. So how can
> I tell gnus only to show the most recent current postings?

I don't remember exactly, but is there any line in your ~/.gnus which
says something like gnus-fetch-old-headers or similar? If it's there,
turn it off. Gnus might be trying to fetch old headers in order to form
a near complete thread.

Regards
Subhankar

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-05-05  8:33 UTC | newest]