* SMTP send problem from at home
@ 2007-01-25  9:51 Torben Knudsen
       [not found] ` <mailman.3564.1169722163.2155.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Torben Knudsen @ 2007-01-25  9:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Below you see my .gnus which works for email and news at work
(university).  However at home I get an error:
Sending...
Sending via mail...
smtpmail-send-it: Sending failed; SMTP protocol error   <----------

I think our smtp server needs user and password.
Can anyone help?

; Use smtpmail not sendmail for mail sending
; (require 'smtpmail) ; Not necessary
(setq send-mail-with-sendmail nil)
(setq send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)
(setq message-send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)
(setq smtpmail-default-smtp-server "smtp.control.aau.dk")
;; If your SMTP server requires a username/password to authenticate, as
;; many do nowadays, set them like this:
(setq smtpmail-auth-credentials  ; or use ~/.authinfo
 	'(("smtp.control.aau.dk" 587 "" "")))
;	'(("smtp.control.aau.dk" 587 "*******" "*******")))
;	'(("smtp.control.aau.dk" 25 "" "")))
; Perhaps the following can be of use
; smtpmail-auth-credentials '(("smtp.googlemail.com" 465 "*******" "*******"))
; smtpmail-starttls-credentials '(("smtp.googlemail.com" 465 nil nil))

--
Associate Prof. Ph.D Torben Knudsen	Phone	: (+45) 9635 8670
Section of Automation and Control,	Email	: tk@es.aau.dk