* Configuring an imap account for gnus
@ 2003-04-22 21:32 pascalv
From: pascalv @ 2003-04-22 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

(This question has already been asked several times, but all answers
that I found did not solved my problem, sorry)

Versions: emacs 21.1.1, gnus 5.9.0, Linux Mandrake 8.2 with some
updates

I try to config my emacs to read mails from an imap account with gnus.
Here under is my .emacs file. I made it by analogy with others .emacs
and .gnus files found in newsgroups and my.gnus.org

;; .emacs file pascalv@despammed.com, 1st attempt

;; make gnus start faster
;; http://www.ccs.neu.edu/software/contrib/gnus/#Q1_1
(setq gnus-check-new-newsgroups nil
      gnus-read-active-file 'some
      gnus-nov-is-evil nil
)

;; user-mail-address
(setq user-mail-address "pascalv@despammed.com")

;; garde copie des messages sur le serveur
(setq mail-source-delete-incoming nil)
(setq nnimap-expunge-close 'never)

;; utilsation de gnus pour les mails
(setq read-mail-command (quote gnus))

;; serveur mail
(setq gnus-select-method
      '((nnml "mails")
         (nnimap "imap"
                (nnimap-address "imap.free.fr")
         )
       )
)

;; end of .emacs file, 1st attempt

emcas says
Wrong type argument: symbolp , (nnml "mails")

If I remove this (nnml "mails) to make the nimap higher one level, I
can enter my login name and password, I see some data through the
modem, but am not able to access or subscribe to any folder.

;; .emacs file pascalv@despammed.com 2nd attempt

;; make gnus start faster
;; http://www.ccs.neu.edu/software/contrib/gnus/#Q1_1
(setq gnus-check-new-newsgroups nil
      gnus-read-active-file 'some
      gnus-nov-is-evil nil
)

;; user-mail-address
(setq user-mail-address "pascalv@despammed.com")

;; garde copie des messages sur le serveur
(setq mail-source-delete-incoming nil)
(setq nnimap-expunge-close 'never)

;; utilsation de gnus pour les mails
(setq read-mail-command (quote gnus))

;; serveur mail
(setq gnus-select-method
      '(nnimap "imap"
                (nnimap-address "imap.free.fr")
         )

)
;; end of second .emacs file attempt

Does anybody see what is wrong?

V. Pascal

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-04-22 21:32 UTC | newest]