* MIME Converts CR/LFs in My Text File Attachments (and I don't want it to)!
@ 2004-02-01  3:41 Randy Yates
From: Randy Yates @ 2004-02-01  3:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

At work I run XEmacs and gnus from my unix machine (Sun Ultra10
running Solaris 8).  One of the tasks I use unix for is to
algorithmically generate source code (a C language .h file).  As
usual, unix creates the .h text file without LFs. Since I provide
these files to folks who use the PC, I convert the .h file to CRLF
format using unix2dos as part of the .h file build process.

Well, if I send an email using gnus, and attach one of these converted
.h files, then when you open it on a PC machine (using Outlook), the
CRLFs have been converted to CRLFLFs.

This is very disconcerting. I do not want gnus to mess with the
content of my attachments. Is there a way to modify gnus' behavior so
that it will simply wrap my text files as-is into a MIME attachment?

Please do not suggest that I simply use my unix-style text file
instead.  For other reasons, I want the file to retain the PC-style
line terminations.
--
%  Randy Yates                  % "With time with what you've learned,
%% Fuquay-Varina, NC            %  they'll kiss the ground you walk

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-02-01  3:41 UTC | newest]