* Re: How to apply filters to a nnimap group ?
       [not found] <f6ad6m5d5i.fsf@pcyma.elca.ch>
@ 2003-11-24 10:32 ` Yves Martin
From: Yves Martin @ 2003-11-24 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yves Martin <ymartin@nospam.fr> writes:

>   Hello,
>
>  Almost everything is said in the title. I would like my
>  nnmail-split-methods (of fancy splitting why not ?)  to process a
>  nnimap group and to move mails to nnfolder groups.
>
>  Is it possible ? I guess yes, so how should I configure this behavior ?

 I have read 'Splitting in IMAP' and configured it:

(setq nnimap-split-inbox "INBOX"
      nnimap-split-rule
      '(("nnfolder:mycommits" "^To: project-cvs@.*")
        )
      )

 So I expect the filter to move all commit notification mails from my
 cvs server to the local Gnus group nnfolder:mycommits.

 And as described in the documentation, this command has created a
 'nnfolder:mycommits' mailbox on the IMAP server.

 Is it possible to do foreign splitting from IMAP to a local nnfolder
 group (or any other method nnml,... than IMAP) ?

 In fact, I would like to avoid to do splitting on the server, and
 then move mails to a local group (needed because of quotas)... it is
 better to both operations in the same process, isn't it ?

 Thank you in advance for your help
--
Yves Martin

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-11-24 10:32 UTC | newest]