* imap
@ 2007-02-07  0:55 Frank Fredstone
From: Frank Fredstone @ 2007-02-07  0:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

How can I purge a message from an imap server using gnus?

If I use nnimap splitting does it create the server side folders? Is
there a way to directly create a folder on the server?

* Re: imap
@ 2007-02-07  1:42 ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-02-07  1:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On 2007-02-07, Frank Fredstone said:

> How can I purge a message from an imap server using gnus?

I use `B DEL'

* Re: imap
@ 2007-02-08 20:09 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2007-02-08 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 16:55:07 -0800 Frank Fredstone <none@not.no> wrote:

FF> How can I purge a message from an imap server using gnus?

IMAP calls it "Expunge" of deleted messages, Gnus calls it expiry of
expirable (marked 'E') messages..

FF> If I use nnimap splitting does it create the server side folders?

Yes.

FF> Is there a way to directly create a folder on the server?

Yes, but easiest way is just to do `B m' on an article to move it into
a nonexistent group, since that's what you'll do eventually anyhow.

Ted