* Problem with UCE (spam)
@ 2007-01-28 18:55 Slackrat
From: Slackrat @ 2007-01-28 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I'm getting  UCE addressed to:
postmaster@azurservers.com/abuse@azurservers.com/etc

Admin addresses required by RFCs

Anybody else troubled similarly?

Any suggestions as to how to handle the situation?

Like killfile those users and put a telephone number in my headers?

--
Regards, Slackrat [Bill Henderson] [No _4Q_ for direct email]
--

* Re: Problem with UCE (spam)
@ 2007-01-29 17:08 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2007-01-29 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On 28 Jan 2007, slackrat4Q@azurservers.com wrote:

> I'm getting  UCE addressed to:
> postmaster@azurservers.com/abuse@azurservers.com/etc
>
> Admin addresses required by RFCs
>
> Anybody else troubled similarly?
>
> Any suggestions as to how to handle the situation?
>
> Like killfile those users and put a telephone number in my headers?

You have to have those addresses (you could remove them, but it would
be very bad in the long run).  Just install greylisting + a decent
filter, e.g. CRM114 or DSPAM.

So what does this have to do with Gnus?

Ted