* Changing view in archived mail
@ 2008-07-30  5:13 Brett Randall
From: Brett Randall @ 2008-07-30  5:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hey all

In my archived sent items (e.g. nnfolder+archive:mail.2008-08), when I
open the group it obviously shows me the From name and Subject field
as it does with every other group. This isn't really useful when I
want to see who I'm sending e-mails TO. Is there any way of changing
the display of the Summary buffer just for those groups to show me the
To and Subject fields?

Thanks

Brett.

* Re: Changing view in archived mail
@ 2008-07-30 15:21 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2008-07-30 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 15:13:49 +1000, Brett wrote:

> In my archived sent items (e.g. nnfolder+archive:mail.2008-08), when I
> open the group it obviously shows me the From name and Subject field
> as it does with every other group. This isn't really useful when I
> want to see who I'm sending e-mails TO. Is there any way of changing
> the display of the Summary buffer just for those groups to show me the
> To and Subject fields?

Does it help to adjust gnus-ignored-from-addresses?

,----[ C-h v gnus-ignored-from-addresses RET ]
| `gnus-ignored-from-addresses' is a variable declared in Lisp.
|   -- loaded from "gnus-sum"
|
| Value: "\\(asjo\\|adam\\|adsj\\)@\\(koldfront.dk\\|asjo.org\\)"
|
| Documentation:
| *From headers that may be suppressed in favor of To headers.
| This can be a regexp or a list of regexps.
`----

  Best regards,

--
 "Subdued flamboyance"                                        Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: Changing view in archived mail
@ 2008-07-31  5:54   ` Brett Randall
From: Brett Randall @ 2008-07-31  5:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> Does it help to adjust gnus-ignored-from-addresses?

It definitely does! Thanks so much for that.

@ 2008-08-05 16:08   ` Bao Haojun
From: Bao Haojun @ 2008-08-05 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=gb18030, Size: 641 bytes --]

hi,

asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sj0‹3gren) writes:

> Does it help to adjust gnus-ignored-from-addresses?
>
> ,----[ C-h v gnus-ignored-from-addresses RET ]
> | `gnus-ignored-from-addresses' is a variable declared in Lisp.
> |   -- loaded from "gnus-sum"
> |
> | Value: "\\(asjo\\|adam\\|adsj\\)@\\(koldfront.dk\\|asjo.org\\)"
> |
> | Documentation:
> | *From headers that may be suppressed in favor of To headers.
> | This can be a regexp or a list of regexps.
> `----

Can you tell me how do you put the above into a mail with the frame
going around it, and a header above it? It looks good and cool.

Thanks.

@ 2008-08-05 19:28     ` Martin Geisler
From: Martin Geisler @ 2008-08-05 19:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english